- Open multiple connections in different tabs Open multiple remote sessions in tabs, just like in your browser. For an optimal overview, you can also open all the monitors belonging to a remote computer in separate tabs. You won't miss a thing because opened tabs will always flash when new activity occurs on the remote computer, e.g. a new chat message from a customer.
- Wake-on-LAN Ensure 24/7 access to your computer without having to leave it running all day long! With the new Wake-on-LAN feature, you can now wake up your computer remotely whenever you need access. The wake feature simply works via another computer using TeamViewer within the local network or via a router.
- Two factor authentication Protect your TeamViewer account against unauthorized access with two factor authentication, just in case your password happens to land in the wrong hands. With an established authentication app (e.g. Google Authenticator), you can simply generate a security code with your smartphone. Both the code and the password are requested during login. With this two factor authentication, TeamViewer helps you meet HIPAA and PCI DSS requirements, among others.
- Compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X Mavericks Do you or your customers use Windows 8.1 or Mac OS X Mavericks? No problem. TeamViewer 9 is also optimized for those operating systems.
- Save customized customer modules in your TeamViewer Management Console You can now save customized modules with your company branding (TeamViewer QuickSupport, QuickJoin or Host) in your Management Console. You or your customers simply download the created module via an individual link. You can use the saved modules together with colleagues in your team and create multiple, different modules, tailored to a customer, a group, or a support provider, as needed. Subsequent configurations are automatically applied to the modules already in use. By using the live preview you can easily adapt the text and the design of all your customer modules at once and your customer automatically receives the newest TeamViewer version during download. You can also customize your download link, e.g. "http://get.teamviewer.com/my-personal-link" or send a short URL.
- Enhanced clipboard Copy files, folders, images, screenshots, text, and tables along with formatting from one computer to another via the clipboard. E.g. attach a local file to an email being sent from a remote computer.
- Simplified file transfer without establishing a connection Send files to computers and contacts from your list without first needing to establish a connection. Using an FTP server to share large amounts of data or files that exceed your email attachment size limit is now a thing of the past. Starting now, simply use TeamViewer to share files with colleagues or customers in the blink of an eye.
- Service Queue Organize instant customer support in your team more easily. All service cases are collected in your service queue and identified based on a session code. You can now manually create a new session code and pass it on to your customer in the form of a link. Instead of sharing the TeamViewer ID and password, like you used to, the customer can now join the session directly with just a click. Alternatively, a code is created automatically, as soon as the customer launches your customized TeamViewer QuickSupport. In this way, new customer cases are added to your service queue. Find out more about the new service queue in the TeamViewer Management Console.
- TeamViewer API Integrate TeamViewer with your systems, such as helpdesk, ticket, or CRM. The new TeamViewer API offers the option of seamlessly integrating TeamViewer functionalities into your own work environment. Automatically synchronize your TeamViewer accounts for the users you manage e.g. with Active Directory and automatically import reports into your own software, e.g. connection logs or bills. You may also import user lists from your company environment into the Management Console or use the service queue functions directly in your own software, e. g. session code creation. Additional information on TeamViewer API can be found here.
- Notifications TeamViewer now informs you directly in your Computers & Contacts list when new notifications are available. Stay informed, regardless of where you happen to be. You will receive notifications about new service cases, service cases assigned to you, new contact requests, TeamViewer monitoring alerts and ITbrain™ alerts.
- Optimized video Video transfer is now even faster. Show your participant a video during a presentation or view YouTube videos on remote computers in real-time.
- New touch-friendly design We now have a new TeamViewer user interface and Computers & Contacts design. Experience a new touch-friendly design. Important buttons convert automatically when you use TeamViewer on a touch device.
- TeamViewer File Box For quick file sharing during meetings or remote sessions, the TeamViewer file box is now available for Mac OS.
- Disclaimer When creating a customized TeamViewer QuickSupport module, you can now enter a disclaimer. Before your customer can launch TeamViewer QuickSupport, they must accept the disclaimer.
- Increased password strength The TeamViewer QuickSupport now also offers the option of increasing password strength.
TeamViewer is free for personal use!
Any license that you purchase now is already valid for the final version 9!
Information for existing customers
- TeamViewer 9 users can still establish remote control connections with TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.